- Participant Per Person
- Participant Ages 3 & Under
Come Meet Our Beautiful Elephants!
The Preserve provides intimate, meaningful experiences between people and animals that generate a level of caring that cannot be achieved any other way.
What will I get to do during the Elephant Experience?
- Meet our beautiful Asian elephants.
- Learn all about Asian elephant care and conservation.
- Help give an elephant a bath, learn about grooming and foot care.
- There are plenty of photo opportunities to remember your day!
Can children attend the experience?
- All ages are welcome to attend. In our experience, younger children most often do not have the attention span to stay engaged for 1 ½ hours and might enjoy it more when they are older. Every child is different but we notice that about 8 to 10 years old is a good age to really learn from and appreciate the elephants.
Do I get to touch the elephants?
- Yes! You will have several opportunities to be up close and personal with the elephants. This includes helping with an elephant bath as well as several photo opportunities.
Will you have dates posted later in the year?
- Yes! The Preserve is open year-round. We are still under construction and will be adding more animal experiences as we grow. With the weather, construction and all there is to accomplish we only post our schedule a few months in advance.
Are there any restrictions for participants?
- There is minimal walking and no strenuous activity during the Elephant Experience. The Experience is safe and enjoyable for people of all ages and abilities. Wheelchairs and walkers are welcome.
Can I come see the elephants without attending an experience?
- Sorry but the only opportunity we currently offer to see the elephants is during an Elephant Experience.
What should I wear?
- The Elephant Experience takes place outside. We recommend checking the weather for Stonewall, TX and dressing accordingly. No need for any special clothing, you will not get wet or dirty! Closed toe shoes are good idea.
Can I bring my pet?
- Pets are not allowed to attend the Elephant Experience. Please leave them at home, shaded parking is not available. Service animals are welcome in accordance with ADA requirements.
Can I watch or take photos for someone but not participate?
- No, a ticket is required for everyone who enters the gate. We are happy to help take photos. We do not have a waiting area. You may drop-off and pick up participants. Looking for something to do? Fredericksburg is about 15 miles from The Preserve with wineries along the way. The Wild Seed Farm (8 miles to the west on 290) is a nice place to pass time with refreshments and sitting areas available. Hye Market & Deli is is 6.5 miles to the east on 290.
When should I arrive?
- The Elephant Experience starts right on time. Gates open 30 minutes prior to the experience.
What if I need to cancel my reservation?
- We realize things happen and plans have to be changed therefore; we have created options for you. You may transfer your tickets to another available date and time shown on the website or to a gift certificate for the number of tickets purchased. Transfers requested more than 3 days prior to your scheduled reservation will be charged a $10 per ticket transfer fee. Transfers requested 3 days or less from your reservation date will be charged a $25 per ticket transfer fee. Transfer fees will be charged to the card used to purchase tickets. We do not offer refunds.
What happens if it rains?
- The weather in Texas is unpredictable and changes quickly. We have The Experiences rain or shine. Although everything is outside, we have covered pavilions and umbrellas. Only if there are severe weather conditions at The Preserve would we cancel the Experience. You would be notified through the email provided when you purchased your tickets. Should we cancel The Experience, we will contact you to reschedule your reservation. Should you opt to not attend due to weather, please refer to the cancellation policy above.
Waitlist is for sold out dates only. If you would like to book for future dates, please wait until the calendar for that month has been posted. Available dates are posted about two months in advanced.
- Each experience will be made up of multiple family groups.
- You may pet and take pictures with the elephants. Hand sanitizer will be available.
- Stay at home if you feel sick, have a temperature, or are at high risk. You may choose to reschedule or receive a gift card to use later.
- Face masks are optional.
- Wash your hands and use hand sanitizer often. Sanitizer is available throughout the experience.
- Hand sanitizer or soap is available to use before and after touching an elephant.
- Tables, restrooms, and areas of high contact are cleaned and sanitized regularly.
- The gift shop is open following the same CDC guidelines as other retail businesses.
- The Preserve is dedicated to expanding elephant education, knowledge, and conservation. These efforts have brought about numerous professional accolades and recognition.
- The innovations in care and husbandry of elephants at The Preserve benefit elephants in human care and in the wild.
- The elephants at The Preserve are ambassadors, educators, cultural icons, the darlings of their community and their many fans. Together, this elephant family is determined to move ahead with a strong purpose to inspire and connect people with this endangered species.
See You at The Preserve!
The Preserve is open year-round. We are still under construction and will add more animal experiences as we grow. New dates and times will be up on our website a few months in advance. Sign up for our newsletter to get the scoop on our progress!