This once-in-a-lifetime 1.5-hour interactive experience allows you to fully immerse yourself with these amazing creatures as well as gain an understanding of the need for elephant conservation.
*Pricing is per person*
EXPLORE TWO CONTINENTS!
- Participant Per Person
- Participant Ages 3 and under
Join us for an Animal Expedition like no other!
Your expedition will take you on a journey to meet animals from two of the worlds most biodiverse continents – Australia and Africa! Meet kangaroos, wallabies and Australian birds as you walk through our immersive Australian Walkabout. Learn about each species as you meet them in an up close and personal way.
Take plenty of pictures along the way! Your experience will conclude with a trip to see the tallest animal in Africa – the giraffe! Feed and take pictures with our long-necked friends as you learn all about this unique animal.
What will I get to do during the Animal Expedition?
- Meet our amazing Australian species.
- Meet and feed our incredible giraffes.
- Learn all about the care and conservation of each animal you meet.
- Take pictures throughout your experience to remember your day!
Do I get to touch the animals?
- Yes! There will be opportunities to interact with some of the animals throughout your Animal Expedition.
Are there any restrictions for participants?
- The Animal Expedition is a walking tour through several different areas. Benches are available in certain areas throughout your walk. Wheelchairs and walkers are welcome.
What should I wear?
- The Animal Expedition takes place outside. We recommend checking the weather for Stonewall, TX and dressing accordingly. No need for any special clothing, you will not get wet or dirty! Closed-toe shoes are a good idea.
What happens if it rains?
- The weather in Texas is unpredictable and changes quickly. We have the Animal Expedition rain or shine. Although everything is outside, we have covered areas and umbrellas. Only if there are severe weather conditions at The Preserve would we cancel the Expedition. You would be notified through the email provided when you purchased your tickets. Should we cancel The Expedition, we will contact you to reschedule your reservation. Should you opt to not attend due to weather, please refer to the cancellation policy below.
Will I get to see the elephants during the Animal Expedition?
- You will not see the elephants during your Expedition. The only opportunity we currently offer to see the elephants is during an Elephant Experience.
Will you have dates posted later in the year?
- Yes! The Preserve is open year-round. We are still under construction and will be adding more animal experiences as we grow. With the weather, construction and all there is to accomplish we only post our schedule a few months in advance.
Can children attend?
- All ages are welcome to attend. In our experience, younger children most often do not have the attention span to stay engaged for 1 ½ hours and might enjoy it more when they are older. Every child is different but we notice that about 8 to 10 years old is a good age to really learn from and appreciate the animals. Children 14 years of age and over may visit The Preserve unaccompanied at parent or guardians discretion. Guests 13 years of age and younger must be accompanied by an older guest.
Can I come see the animals without attending an Elephant Experience or Animal Expedition?
- Sorry but the only opportunity we currently offer to see the animals is during a scheduled visit.
Can I bring my pet to The Preserve?
- Pets are not allowed at The Preserve. Please leave them at home, shaded parking is not available. Service animals are welcome in accordance with ADA requirements.
Can I watch or take photos for someone but not participate?
- No, a ticket is required for everyone who enters the gate. We are happy to help take photos. We do not have a waiting area. You may drop-off and pick up participants. Looking for something to do? Fredericksburg is about 15 miles from The Preserve with wineries along the way. The Wild Seed Farm (8 miles to the west on 290) is a nice place to pass time with refreshments and sitting areas available. Hye Market & Deli is is 6.5 miles to the east on 290.
When should I arrive?
- All experiences start right on time. Gates open 30 minutes prior to the experience.
What if I need to cancel my reservation?
- We realize things happen and plans have to be changed therefore; we have created options for you. You may transfer your tickets to another available date and time shown on the website or to a gift certificate for the number of tickets purchased. Transfers requested more than 3 days prior to your scheduled reservation will be charged a $10 per ticket transfer fee. Transfers requested 3 days or less from your reservation date will be charged a $25 per ticket transfer fee. Transfer fees will be charged to the card used to purchase tickets. We do not offer refunds.